Earlier this evening, I had the privilege of collaborating with my teammate Brock in presenting highlights from Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4 to our fellow Aptera developers. After Brock brought the house down with his overview of new language features and a deep-dive into 2010’s outrageous Historical Debugging feature, I brought the team up to date on the wonders of modern Parallel Programming using the Tasks Parallel Library and PLINQ.
If you wish to perform a closer examination of them, you may download my materials from the talk here. This archive contains:
- The Powerpoint Presentation
- Full source code from the demonstrations
But Wait, There’s More! Here are a few articles that got me off the ground with the new parallel goodness (and with some other exciting offerings) from .NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010.
- Optimize Managed Code For Multi-Core Machines (MSDN)
- Running Queries On Multi-Core Processors (MSDN)
- Going Parallel with the Task Parallel Library and PLINQ (developer.com)
- Nice “Quick Hit” Videos about ASP.NET 4 and VS 2010 (Scott Guthrie)
Thanks to Brock and the team at Aptera!